After a few more modifications to the rig, Clara finally flies! I love the "thin" look but Suzi and I both want a little more width at the "shoulder" area. We're both glad we didn't go with some kind of frame underneat, but she's going to work on the draping of the cheesecloth to give her a little more width.
Of course I've yet to see a picture that does these ghosts justice and these are more of the same, but here she is:
She's got GREAT movement. The crank shaft is 10 inches long giving her an approximate 20 inch range of motion! I also moved one "wrist" so they weren't equal distances away from teh cam.
As you can see, I've also been busy building cemetery fence pieces. 5 down, 7 to go!
We're also having fun with Halloween at work. BJ and I were asked to "Get Zombied" for a creative editing job on Night Of The Living Dead! I think we look pretty cool!
Just call me Headwound Harry!
Is that gray hair on BJ???
More pics as we work on the facade for Clara's mausoleum and finish the fence!
I needed more odds and ends to finish the rig. Eyebolts, nuts, 5 minute epoxy, spray paint, etc. Told Suzi Ineeded a couple more dollars worth of stuff---ended up $28.
I used 5 minute epoxy to mount the cut off rotisserie spit to the motor as a crank shaft:
I then used PVC cement to assemble the rig:
Here is the assembled rig with the motor in place but not mounted:
It all got a couple coats of black spray paint:
And here is the rig hanging where Clara will haunt: on the corner of our front porch:
Next year she'll get her own Mausoleum, but for now we'll make a facade off the corner of the porch and surround the back with black plastic sheeting. I'll post pics of the facade as it gets assembled and put in place.
Time for Suzi to get started on the ghost and we'll see how she flies.